game boy


Before I'd even started messing around with parts from DS Lite consoles I built a number of "Game Boy Macro" consoles with components from faulty or damaged original DS consoles. Although the screen isn't as bright as the DS Lite, the original has benefits. Satisfyingly clicky buttons and ergonomic shape make it really nice to play on. I had fun trying out different colour schemes with the paint jobs on the shells but I found the time consuming process of reshaping, filling, sanding, priming, painting and lacquering (not to mention constantly repeating this striving for a perfect finish) a little less fun! It was the drive to avoid the mess and achieve a professional finish that resulted in the Neon Advance project.